Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Q&A:

1. What do I feel about JENESYS?

I feel that this is once in a lifetime experience for me. I had a great time during my whole two weeks programme. Through this program, I get to open my eyes to the outside world and became a more optimistic person. I also get to expand my networking not only got to make some friends in Japan but also throughout other 6 countries namely New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and India. I also gained some confidence in my interacting skills.

2. What effects I gained from this programme?

I begin to be more interested in Japan than before. I also started to learn Japanese language after I came back from Japan. I’ve been reading up on Japanese language. I also want to go back there again to meet up my friends and family again, so that I can spend more time with them again. During the JENESYS program, I only spent 6 days with them and that is too short.

3. How do I keep in contact with everyone?

That will be of course, through email. After I came back, I started adding everyone on Facebook and also created a group on Facebook for my friends in Bus P. The response was good as everyone joined the group and we do keep in contact from there too. I’ve also been chatting with most of my friends on MSN. Besides that, I do keep in touch with my friends and family in Japan via e-mail. I used some Japanese on my email to them and they correct me if I made any mistake. So, I do learn some Japanese from them too.

4. What can I do for AFS after I get back?

I already applied to be a volunteer and I would love to help out AFS anytime. I would also help to promote AFS to everyone that I know to create peace and understanding through intercultural understanding.

5. Any comments?

AFS Malaysia should be more selective on the participants besides only one interview. AFS Malaysia should also have a few days orientation to get participants to get prepared before departing to host country.

Besides that, as for me, I feel that AFS JENESYS 2008 was organized properly even though they had a huge number or participants, but everything was well planned and organized. There weren’t any time conflicts between the groups during study tour. AFS Japan student volunteer were friendly and helpful too.

I would also like to send my deepest appreciation to AFS and JENESYS for this wonderful, memorable experience in Japan. I would love to help out AFS in future. Thank you so much for this opportunity.


Thank you.


Reported by,

Kevin Kan,

SMK St. John

Kuala Lumpur,

JENESYS 2008


hahaa, the last part of my report, Q&A section. =D.

just random. :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

"I would like to thank my sister also, for helping me through the application process. I couldn't have gone to Japan without you. Thanks Jess!"

you're welcome. Kevin.

Kevin Kan said...

you did? haha. Kidding.

Yea, thank youu erjie. :)